Samsung has been trying hard to prove their leadership in the smartphone and tablet arena and after the tremendous positive response for Samsung Galaxy Note the company decided to work on certain flaws that can further improve the product line in the future. Soon, Samsung came up with the updated version the all new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that offers much beyond the expectations of the consumers. With bigger screen, Samsung has come up with a new segment of phablets that bundles some of the top features of smartphone and tablets.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the top features of this new device in the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 review below.
- In terms of design, Samsung has turned to Samsung Galaxy S3 and the new device looks like an expanded version of the smartphone. It has the similar curves and white paint job that is inspired by nature. The device feels very premium when users hold it in their hands.
- The device is 9.4mm in thickness which means that it is slimmer than the previous Galaxy Note model. However, the new device is slightly heavier than the older version at 182.5 grams.
- The device has only one round home button at the bottom with two capacitive buttons. The power button sits on the right and volume rocker on the left side. The micro HDMI cable port is at the bottom while 3.5mm headphone jack is on the top. The S-Pen hides at the bottom right hand side.
- Samsung has upgraded the screen size from 5.3 inches to 5.5 inches but it still remains Super AMOLED which means brighter whites and deeper blacks. The screen offers 16:9 ratio display which makes it ideal for watching movies and videos on the move.
- The device offers 1280 X 720 pixels screen resolution and the screen gets added protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 gets Android v4.1.1 Jelly Bean and updated Google Now that offers better productivity to the users. Samsung TouchWiz user interface is nicely blended with the Android Jelly Bean to make the overall user experience better.
- With the introduction of Jelly Bean the Note 2 is faster and better than the previous version which also reduces lag while handling too many apps at the same time.
- It has a respectable 8 megapixel camera with auto focus on the rear and 1.9 megapixels camera on the front for video calls.
- The device is powered by 1.6GHz quad core Cortex A9 with 2GB RAM and 3100 mAh battery Galaxy Note 2 beats some of the best devices in the market.